By joining our Discord server, you are agreeing to adhere to this code of conduct.
Last Updated: September 26, 2022
This policy is a “living” document and is subject to refinement and expansion in the future.
This community is for anyone that identifies as a witch and is currently working towards becoming, or currently is, a solitary entrepreneur & service provider — whatever that looks like for you.
- You are responsible for yourself, your feelings, and your experience inside this community.
- Unless given explicit permission you agree that what happens in The Well, stays in The Well.
- Respect that there is no one “right way” to be a witch. This community is non-denominational. We may all identify with the word witch in some way and respect that each person’s practice is their own.
- Respect that there is no one “right way” to be an entrepreneur and your experiences may differ from someone else’s.
- You understand the difference between swearing and being hateful. You can swear (fuck yea!), but you will be banned from the server for derogatory, inflammatory, or racist language
- Usernames containing a known slur (such as g*psy) it will result in an auto-ban of your account from the server. Please email the Admin team at firstname.lastname@example.org once you have changed your username and you will be permitted into the server. If you refuse to change your username you will not be permitted into the server.
- Respect people’s identities and gender expression. Intentional dead-naming & continued misgendering will result in a ban.
- Keep discussion on topic and in the appropriate channels whenever possible.
- This is not the server for “spell requests” or on-demand “spiritual guidance.”
- No SPAM! (While a broad term, SPAM includes self-promotion if you have the Role: Guest or Get Online, Witch!, excessive multiple posting across channels, or within a single channel, and anything consistently reported as “spammy” by community members.)
- Self-promotion is currently acceptable for paid members and in the designated channels or under designated threads only. Guests & Get Online, Witch roles may not advertise paid offerings (see: SPAM). The following Roles may self-promote under dedicated channels and threads only:
- Member, Coworking Coven
- Member, The Fiery Well
- Member, The Wellspring
- Self-promotion is not permitted in voice channels.
- You will not enter into any private or direct message conversation with another member without their explicit, written request or permission. One reported offense is a warning. A second is grounds for removal.
- The Fiery Well does not respond to private or direct messages. If you have a question about your paid membership or have an issue to report, please email email@example.com
- The Fiery Well will not engage in support discussions in general discussion channels, or outside of paid The Fiery Well membership itself. The following Roles have access to tech support channels:
- Member, The Fiery Well
- Member, The Wellspring
- The Fiery Well does not guarantee official feedback or answers to questions outside the allotted support schedule and proper channels. Peer-to-peer question asking & answering, as well as community feedback discussion is encouraged.
- By participating in this community you consent to the use of any comments, portions of discussions, testimonials, and feedback made within The Fiery Well and its channels may be used to advertise The Fiery Well services in part or whole, with or without confirmation from The Fiery Well prior to its publication.
- A ban will not result in a refund of any membership fees already paid. The Fiery Well is a no-refunds digital space.
- These rules may change based on the needs of the community and its members.
Code of Conduct
We want this to be a fun, pleasant, and harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity, and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate the harassment of participants in any form. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately or face being banned from the server (and/or ejected from any paid membership.)
This code of conduct applies to all The Fiery Well community spaces, both online and off. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of the Admin team.
Some of The Fiery Well community spaces may have additional rules in place, which will be made clearly available to participants. Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, spiritual practice, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names.
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not appropriate.
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like “hug” or “backrub”) without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats of violence.
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Stalking or following.
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
- Sustained disruption of discussion.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Unwelcome spiritual attention.
- Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others.
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
- Publication of non-harassing private communication.
The Fiery Well prioritizes marginalized people’s / underrepresented people’s safety over privileged people’s comfort. The Admin team reserves the right not to act on complaints regarding:
- “Reverse” -isms, including “reverse racism,” “reverse sexism,” and “cisphobia”
- Reasonable communication of boundaries, such as “leave me alone,” “go away,” or “I’m not discussing this with you.”
- Communicating in a “tone” you don’t find congenial
- Criticizing racist, sexist, cissexist, or otherwise oppressive behavior or assumptions
The current Admin team is:
If you are being harassed by a member of The Fiery Well community (either a guest or paid member), notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the Admin team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the Reporting form below. We will respond as promptly as we can.
This code of conduct applies to The Fiery Well community spaces, and the Admin team reserves the right to exclude people from The Fiery Well community based on their past behavior, including behavior outside of The Fiery Well community spaces and behavior towards people who are not in The Fiery Well community.
In order to protect the Admin team from abuse and burnout, we reserve the right to reject any report we believe to have been made in bad faith. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of The Fiery Well community members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
- One reported offense is a warning.
- Two reported offenses will result in a temporary ban from the server.
- A third reported offense is grounds for removal from Discord & any paid membership.
- Attempts to rejoin Discord, or The Fiery Well membership, under a secondary or “alt” account to circumvent any removals will result in a complete lifetime ban from both.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the Admin team may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all The Fiery Well community spaces and identification of the participant as a harasser to other The Fiery Well community members or the general public.
This work is available to you to use, publish, and modify under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License. Please keep (but feel free to tweak) the paragraph below attached to your final version.
We send virtual hugs and thanks to the multiple sources that we drew from to build this Code of Conduct, including: Stark, Spectrum, Figma and the Design Systems Slack which are in turn based on Geek Feminism’s Anti-Harassment resources.
2023 – Discord – Report Code of Conduct
Have you witnessed a violation of our code of conduct? Please complete this form with as much information as possible. You are welcome to report anonymously; however, if you would like for us to follow up with you please provide your name and email address.