Welcome Sequences, at their core, are about capitalizing on the interest and attention of a new subscriber and beginning their journey with you toward the destination you want them to arrive at.
It’s the ultimate “auto-responder” as it is entirely automated. There is a reason why they signed up for your thing at the moment they did. Why would you wait a week or a month or six to say hello or follow up regarding that? They’re expecting to hear from you and you need to live up to that expectation!
A welcome sequence is either a single email, or a series of consecutive emails that inform, inspire, and instruct a subscriber along a predetermined path before letting them loose into a general newsletter, or sorting them into the appropriate evergreen sales emails based on any segment-able questions asked to nurture them even further.
Not sure welcome emails are worth it? The data says they are:
What you will need for this cohort:
- Join the cohort channel #cohort-welcomesequences
- An email marketing service with automations (ConvertKit offers this on their $9/month tier)
- About 30-60 minutes per week to complete any prompts (come to Coworking & Office Hours+ !)
- Join the workshop live, if possible. This workshop will be very hands on and conversational! A live brainstorming working session. Let’s craft the foundation of our welcome sequence… together.
- Be ready to answer some questions, such as:
- who are you
- what do you do
- how do you do it
- why do you do it
- who you do it for
- what makes you the one to get it from
- when can your offers be purchased
- where can your offers be purchased
- how does one purchase them